...Why is Nancy Grace so successful? What is the point of her new Oxygen joint, Injustice With Nancy Grace, a show that complains about the very rushes to judgment in which she usually specializes? Does she make these grand banal pronunciamentos about pure evil at home, like after she walks through a spiderweb or something? Lani Diane Rich is back to help me tackle those questions.
Later, we preview Who Killed Garrett Phillips?, and while we may not get an answer to the titular question, we CAN tell you with authority that Liz Garbus's latest project is a well-structured, organized, suspenseful, and deeply compassionate look at a case's interminable toll on an entire community. This one doesn't air 'til next week, so you may want to put a pin in this podcast for now...and go set your DVRs, because while this one's maddening too, that's thanks to effective storytelling. Oh, and also idiot cops. Clichés, bad law-enforcement math, and much more in The Blotter Presents, Episode 104.
- Injustice With Nancy Grace: https://www.oxygen.com/injustice-with-nancy-grace
- Who Killed Garrett Phillips?: https://www.hbo.com/documentaries/who-killed-garrett-phillips/about
- A Dangerous Son: https://amzn.to/2lKZ9YE (or try HBO Go)
- All of Lani Diane Rich's projects at Chipperish: https://chipperish.com/
- And don't forget, we've got an actual tipline! 919-75-CRIME